The German Imperial Navy ship SMS Moewe or Möwe (ex freighter Pungo) was an armed merchant raider or auxiliary cruiser in World War I.
Records in The National Archives
- ADM 137/3852 Activities of German auxiliary cruisers and minor craft on foreign stations: GRIEF, BERLIN, KRONPRINZ, WILHELM, LIBAU, MOWE, PLANET, TINGTAU, LAUTING, GREIER AND CORMORON 1914-1919
- ADM 137/3882 German raider ships: exploits of auxiliary cruiser MOWE, and specifications of other surface raiders 1917
- ADM 137/3907 Report of German surface raider MOWE’s first cruise 1916
- ADM 137/3908 Details of German surface raider MOWE’s second cruise 1916-1917
- ADM 137/4812 Charts for cruises of commence raiders Mowe and Seeadler in Atlantic and Pacific 1916-1917
- FO 383/473 Includes correspondence re status of American citizens captured from SS Esmeraldas by German raider Moewe: C Robart, J Miller, L F Hanbury, R H Hendren, P Nagel and W Breen.
- MT 9/1127 Includes correspondence re crew of SS Eskimo captured by Moewe